The Ear of Christopher Columbus Huelgas Ensemble
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Visin, visin, visin à 402:35
- 2Da pacem Domine à 404:51
- Bartolomeo Tromboncino (1465 - 1534):
- 3Se ben or non scopri à 402:35
- 4Rio de Sevilla à02:28
- Juan de Triana (1450 - 1490):
- 5De mi perdida esperança à 306:15
- 6Tres morillas m'enamoran à 302:02
- Juan Ponce (1475 - 1520):
- 7Allá se me ponga el sol à 402:55
- Francisco Millan:
- 8Los braços trayo cansados à 2 & 302:52
- 9La tricotea à 303:26
- Alexander Agricola (1446 - 1506):
- 10Malheur me bat: Agnus Dei à 408:02
- Juan del Encina (1468 - 1529):
- 11Amor con fortuna à 403:29
- Mabrianus de Orto (1460 - 1529): J'ay pris amours:
- 12J'ay pris amours: Sanctus à 406:57
- 13J'ay pris amours: Agnus Dei à 406:53
- Francisco de la Torre (1460 - 1504):
- 14Dime, triste coraçon à 2,3 & 402:58
Info for The Ear of Christopher Columbus
On the 'Deutsche Harmonia Mundi' label - Following the critically acclaim of their previous release The Music Prints of Christopher Plantin, The Huelgas Ensemble, under the direction of Paul Van Nevel, return with their stunning new album The Ear of Christopher Columbus. This remarkable album features music from the late fifteenth century and the early fifteenth century that may have been heard by Christopher Columbus during the course of his lifetime. The Ear of Christopher Columbus takes the listener to a musical journey through the lifetime of the explorer, beginning with his Italian childhood. The Huelgas Ensemble are one of the most celebrated ensembles specialising in the performance of polyphonic music from the Medieval and Renaissance periods. Founded by artistic director Paul Van Nevel in 1971, the ensemble is well known worldwide for its inventive programming, particularly of unknown masterpieces.
Paul van Nevel, direction
No biography found.