When in Silence of the Soul Paula Rios
Label: Eudora Records
Artist: Paula Rios
Composer: Fanny Mendelssohn (1805-1847)
Album including Album cover
- Fanny Mendelssohn (1805 - 1847): Ostersonate in A Major, H-U 235:
- 1Mendelssohn: Ostersonate in A Major, H-U 235: I. Allegro assai moderato05:33
- 2Mendelssohn: Ostersonate in A Major, H-U 235: II. Largo e molto espressivo05:53
- 3Mendelssohn: Ostersonate in A Major, H-U 235: III. Allegretto04:42
- 4Mendelssohn: Ostersonate in A Major, H-U 235: IV. Allegro con strepito09:33
- Allegro molto in E Minor, H-U 410:
- 5Mendelssohn: Allegro molto in E Minor, H-U 41004:05
- Notturno, H-U 337:
- 6Mendelssohn: Notturno, H-U 33704:35
- 5 Klavierstücke:
- 7Mendelssohn: 5 Klavierstücke: I. Villa Medicis, H-U 35306:00
- 4 Lieder, Op. 8:
- 8Mendelssohn: 4 Lieder, Op. 8: I. Allegro moderato, H-U 42304:01
- 9Mendelssohn: 4 Lieder, Op. 8: II. Andante con espressione, H-U 46303:11
- 10Mendelssohn: 4 Lieder, Op. 8: III. Lied (Lenau), H-U 46102:57
- 11Mendelssohn: 4 Lieder, Op. 8: IV. Wanderlied, H-U 45802:47
- Andantino in B-Flat Major, H-U 102:
- 12Mendelssohn: Andantino in B-Flat Major, H-U 10202:07
- Klavierstück in C Minor, H-U 139:
- 13Mendelssohn: Klavierstück in C Minor, H-U 13901:39
- Sonata in G Minor, H-U 395:
- 14Mendelssohn: Sonata in G Minor, H-U 395: I. Allegro molto agitato03:36
- 15Mendelssohn: Sonata in G Minor, H-U 395: II. Scherzo03:54
- 16Mendelssohn: Sonata in G Minor, H-U 395: III. Adagio04:04
- 17Mendelssohn: Sonata in G Minor, H-U 395: IV. Finale. Presto - Allegro moderato e con espressione05:29
Info for When in Silence of the Soul
Fanny Mendelssohn, a “sister of the Muses” has her mother would call her, was a 19th -century wife, mother and carer, but also made her own musical path and became of one the most important pianists of her time, composing over 400 pieces. The title of the album is a reference to a poem Goethe set Fanny to set it to music, highly spontaneous and experimental. Paula Ríos brings the brilliance and sensitivity needed and guides through Fanny’s piano output, including two first recordings.
Paula Rios, piano
Described as a performer with a strong personality, refined technique and originality in her projects, Paula Ríos is developing an intense solo career in Spain, United Kingdom, France, Switzerland, Germany and Argentina, and has made recordings for RNE, TVE, Radio Suisse Romande, IB3, TVG and RG.
Currently she is focusing her efforts on the music of Frédéric Chopin and the beginning of the Romantic era. Her first CD «Chopin en Mallorca» was recorded for the Chopin Museum in Valldemossa and presented at the Chopin Society in London on the composer’s own piano. She regularly performs with 19th century instruments and has shared the stage with NYC Ballet Soloists playing works by Chopin.
Moreover, Paula Ríos researches intensely the National school and the Avant-Garde in Spain. She is invited to lectures and congresses and to join Spanish dance projects. Her CD «Viento de Plata» (Columna Música) collects the works of Jesús Bal y Gay y Rosa García Ascot, composers in the times of Federico García Lorca, Manuel de Falla and Luis Buñuel.
Paula Ríos obtained the Degrees of Piano and Theory with Honours and Extraordinary Prize at the Conservatorio Superior de Música de Vigo with Constantino Pérez and continued her studies at the Musik-Akademie der Stadt Basel (Switzerland) with László Gyimesi and Rudolf Buchbinder, where she obtained the Konzertdiplom and completed her Postgraduate Studies in the Soloists’ Class. Furthermore, she studied Chamber Music with Gérard Wyss, Ivan Monighetti and Rainer Schmidt, and Conducting with Hans-Martin Linde at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis.
She broadened her studies with Claudio Martínez Mehner and took part at masterclasses of Elisabeth Leonskaja, Alicia de Larrocha, Piotr Anderszewski, Rita Wagner, Alexei Lubimov, Andrej Jasinski, Larissa Dedova, Dimitri Bashkirov and Elisso Virsaladze, among others. She won various first prizes and scholarships from RCN, Fundación Gil Dávila, Fundación Pedro Barrié de la Maza, Caixanova, Lyra Stiftung and Schweizerische Interpretenstiftung.
Her third CD «Cantar con los dedos» (Calanda Music), dedicated to young Chopin and other virtuoso pianists in his circle, was presented in Paris and London. She has recently premièred in Spain and Portugal the Ostersonate by Fanny Mendelssohn under her correct authorship and she is about to release her new CD "When in silence of the soul" (Eudora Records) dedicated to Fanny Mendelssohn and including several first recordings.
This album contains no booklet.