Face(s) à Face(s) (Bonus Track Version) Romain Leleu Sextet
Label: Harmonia Mundi
Subgenre: Classical Crossover
Artist: Romain Leleu Sextet
Composer: George Gershwin (1898-1937), Charles (Charlie) Chaplin (1889-1977), Leonard Bernstein (1918-1990), Jean-Baptiste Arban (1825-1889), Jacques Ibert (1890-1962), Ennio Morricone (1928-2020), Serge Gainsbourg (1928-1991), Rafael Mendez (1906-1981), Ziad Rahbani
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
- George Gershwin (1898 - 1937):
- 1Gershwin: An American in Paris: Suite de concert (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)08:14
- 2Gershwin: Porgy and Bess: Summertime (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)03:48
- Ziad Rahbani (b. 1956):
- 3Rahbani: Nataruna (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)03:46
- Manuel Doutrelant:
- 4Doutrelant: Fantaisie-Variations sur un thème de Paganini09:03
- Serge Gainsbourg (1928 - 1991):
- 5Gainsbourg: La Javanaise (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)04:06
- Charlie Chaplin (1889 - 1977):
- 6Chaplin: Limelight (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)07:05
- Leonard Bernstein (1918 - 1990):
- 7Bernstein: West Side Story: America (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)03:44
- Jean-Baptiste Arban (1825 - 1889):
- 8Arban: Fantaisie sur le Carnaval de Venise (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)08:36
- Rafael Méndez (1906 - 1981):
- 9Méndez: Romanza (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)03:26
- Jacques Ibert (1890 - 1962):
- 10Ibert: Escales: Tunis-Nefta (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)03:12
- João Bosco (b. 1946):
- 11Bosco: O bêbado e a equilibrista (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)04:28
- Ennio Morricone (1928 - 2020):
- 12Morricone: The Mission: Gabriel's Oboe (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant)03:16
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791):
- 13Mozart: Sonate pour piano, K. 331: Marche turque (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant) (Bonus Track)03:08
- Antonio Vivaldi (1678 - 1741):
- 14Vivaldi: Il Giustino: Vedrò con mio diletto (Arr. for Trumpet & String Quintet by Manuel Doutrelant) (Bonus Track)04:24
Info for Face(s) à Face(s) (Bonus Track Version)
For Romain Leleu, what we call “classical” music could never have gained all its richness and variety without absorbing manifold influences from “popular” music that continues to be its fuel since the dawn of time! Parallel to the release of his album of film music prominently featuring the trumpet, the French virtuoso, backed by his friends and partners in the Romain Leleu Sextet, has brought into a face to face dialogue a selection of hit tunes from far-flung sources that transcend genres and national borders.
Romain Leleu Sextet
«Instrumental soloist revelation» by the Victoires de la Musique (French GRAMMY AWARDS) in 2009, Romain Leleu performs all over the world with a repertoire ranging from Baroque concertos to the 21th century. As soloist he appears with the main French and international orchestras (among the most recents: Orchestre National de France, Orchestre National de Lille, Brandenburgisches Staatsorchester Frankfurt …), and as chamber musician often shares the stage with Thierry Escaich, François Dumont, Ibrahim Maalouf, Frank Braley, etc.
Trained in the traditional French trumpet school, Romain Leleu is an adventurous musician always exploring new universes; he has premiered new works by contemporary composers including Martin Matalon, Philippe Hersant, Karol Beffa, Jean-Baptiste Robin, Vincent Peirani. To explore new transcribed musics, he created in 2010 his audacious and spontaneous Ensemble Convergences, a string quintet and trumpet, with members of some of the finest French orchestras.
Romain Leleu’s discography released on the Aparté/Harmonia Mundi and Sony labels knows a sharp success (RTL Gold Classic, Diapason 5, Radio Classique selection, Pizzicato, Resmusica).
In 2018 – 19, Romain Leleu will perform Haydn Concerto with Lodz Rubinstein Philharmony in Poland; he will record Shostakovich Concerto with Frank Braley and Royal Chamber Orchestra of Wallonie; he’ll be on tour with Thierry Escaich in France, and at Luxembourg Philharmony; he’ll tour in Russia (Ekaterinburg Philharmony) and in Lebanon with Romain Leleu Ensemble; he will also tour with piano or organ, in the USA, and in Taïwan (National Taipei Concert hall).
Romain Leleu teaches at the Lyon Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique (CNSM). He is represented by Konzertagentur Caecilia Zurich and Geneva. He is a member of the Bureau Export and Yamaha Performing artist.