Flotsam And Jetsam (Remastered) Peter Gabriel
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Strawberry Fields Forever02:32
- 2Slowburn (Extended Version)05:15
- 3Perspective (Single Version)05:06
- 4D.I.Y. (Single Version)02:52
- 5Teddy Bear02:16
- 6Mother Of Violence (Single Version)03:14
- 7Solsbury Hill (Live)05:10
- 8I Don't Remember (Alternate Version)03:25
- 9Biko (Remix)08:58
- 11Jetzt Kommt Die Flut04:57
- 12Soft Dog04:10
- 13Shock The Monkey (Instrumental)05:51
- 14Across The River07:12
- 15Kiss Of Life (Live)05:11
- 16I Don't Remember (Live)04:55
- 17I Have The Touch (Remix)05:05
- 18Sledgehammer (Dance Mix)07:19
- 19Sledgehammer (Extended Version)05:39
- 20Don't Break This Rhythm06:08
- 21In Your Eyes (Single Version)06:20
- 22In Your Eyes (Special Remix)07:14
- 23Big Time (Extended Version)06:10
- 25GA GA (Instrumental)04:33
- 26Walk Through The Fire (Single Version)03:33
- 27Biko (Live At Blossom Music Centre, Cleveland)06:32
- 28Digging In The Dirt (Raw Stylus Remix)07:21
- 29Digging In The Dirt (Instrumental)05:10
- 30Quiet Steam06:25
- 32Games Without Frontiers (Massive/DB Mix)05:20
- 34Steam (Oh, Oh, Let Off Steam Mix Dub)05:42
- 35Mercy Street (William Orbit Remix)07:56
- 36Blood Of Eden (Remix)06:43
- 37Digging In The Dirt (Rich E Remix)07:20
- 38Kiss That Frog (Mindblender Mix)06:45
- 39Shaking The Tree (Bottrill Remix)05:54
- 42I Have The Touch (Robbie Robertson Mix)05:27
- 43In The Sun06:45
- 44Shaking The Tree (97 Jungle Version)05:35
- 45I Grieve (City of Angels Remix)08:11
- 46The Tower That Ate People (Red Planet Remix)06:27
- 47Animal Nation07:21
- 48Signal To Noise (Gangs of New York Version)07:38
- 49More Than This (The Polyphonic Spree Mix)05:06
- 50More Than This (Elbow Remix)05:04
- 51My Head Sounds Like That (Röyksopp Remix)08:22
- 52Sky Blue (Martyn Bennett Remix)05:19
- 53Growing Up (Trent Reznor Remix)06:29
- 54Growing Up (Stabilizer Remix)04:49
- 55Growing Up (Tricky Instrumenta Remix)01:31
- 56Darkness (Engelspost Remix)14:10
- 57Curtains (Broad Mix)05:59
- 58Father, Son (Daniel Lanois & Richard Chappell Mix)04:41
- 60Courage (The Hexidecimal Mix)05:25
- 61I'm Amazing07:33
- 62The Veil05:58
Info for Flotsam And Jetsam (Remastered)
Flotsam and Jetsam is a digital only collection of B-sides, remixes and rarities from across Peter Gabriel’s solo career. Over 60 tracks are featured, mostly all of which had previously been released physically, either on 7”, 12” or CD singles, soundtrack or tribute albums over the years but never released digitally. A few notable inclusions are available commercially for the very first time anywhere.
The collection – arranged chronologically – is split into three eras:
The first, 1976-1985, covers the period from Peter first going solo to the end of his run of four self-titled solo albums. It opens with a cover version of ‘Strawberry Fields Forever’, the first time Peter featured on a release after leaving Genesis. Also included is a previously unreleased extended version of ‘Slowburn’, the extended outro single version of ‘Perspective’, the re-recorded version of ‘D.I.Y.’ for the single’s re-issue in late 1978 and the alternate mix of ‘I Don’t Remember’ which appeared as the B-side to ‘Games Without Frontiers’ in advance of the PG3 album. There’s also the German version of ‘Here Comes the Flood’ and the ‘Shock the Monkey (instrumental)’ that uses the alternative audio version from Deutsches Album.
The second, 1986-1993, are Peter’s popstar years with music released around the albums So and Us. Included is the previously unreleased full version of ‘Don’t Break This Rhythm’, an edited version having been the B-side to ‘Sledgehammer’, ‘Curtains’ the B-side to ‘Big Time’ and ‘Bashi-Bazouk’ from the ‘Digging in the Dirt’ single. There’s ‘GA GA (I Go Swimming Instrumental)’, which is the studio version of a song known to fans from the Plays Live album and Nile Rogers’ single mix of ‘Walk Through the Fire’. Also in this section are numerous remixes from the likes of Massive Attack, William Orbit, The Bomb Squad (famed for their work with Public Enemy) and David Bottrill.
Finally, the third era is 1994-2016 and features music from before and after the Up album and brings us pretty much up to date. There’s Peter’s version of ‘Summertime’ from the Larry Adler ‘Glory of Gershwin’ album, ‘Suzanne’ from the ‘Tower of Song’ Leonard Cohen tribute album and ‘In the Sun’ a cover of the Joseph Arthur song that featured on the Diana tribute album.
Alternate versions used in films include the Robbie Robertson mix of ‘I Have the Touch’ that featured in ‘Phenomenon’ and features a verse not on any other version, ‘I Grieve’ from City of Angels and the Gangs of New York version of ‘Signal to Noise’. There’s also ‘The Veil’, written especially for the Oliver Stone movie ‘Snowden’.
Remixes come from Röyksopp, Martyn Bennett, Trent Reznor, Tricky, Elbow, The Polyphonic Spree and Steve Osborne. The full version of ‘Courage’, the Broad mix of ‘Curtains’ and the Daniel Lanois & Richard Chappell mix of ‘Father, Son’ are released here for the first time.
has earned a worldwide reputation for his innovative work as a musician, writer and video maker. When at school he co-founded the group Genesis, which he left in 1975. His albums, live performance and videos since then have won him a succession of awards. Gabriel has released eleven solo albums and in 1986, his album 'So' won him his first Grammy. The videos from this project confirmed him as a leader in video production and included 'Sledgehammer', which has won the most music video awards ever, including number one position in 'Rolling Stones' top 100 videos of all time and the MTV most played video of all time.
This album contains no booklet.