Autour de Bach Pentaèdre
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 - 1750):
- 1J.S. Bach: Sonata No. 1 In G Minor, BWV 1001: I. Adagio & II. Fugue07:47
- 2J.S. Bach: Toccata And Fugue In C Minor, BWV 91110:56
- 3J.S. Bach: Fugue In G Minor, BWV 57803:13
- 4J.S. Bach: Choral "Herzlich tut mich verlangen", BWV 72702:48
- 5J.S. Bach: Toccata And Fugue In D Minor, BWV 56508:33
- 6J.S. Bach: Partita No. 2 In D Minor, BWV 1004: V. Chaconne12:18
- David Maslanka (1943 - 2017): Quintet No. 3:
- 7Maslanka: Quintet No. 3: I. Slow-Moderate09:39
- 8Maslanka: Quintet No. 3: II. Moderate08:41
- 9Maslanka: Quintet No. 3: III. Very Fast12:34
Info for Autour de Bach
The music of Bach is at the heart of Pentaedre's new recording devoted to transcriptions of toccatas, fugues, sonatas, partitas and chorales for wind quintet. The album also includes the Quintet No. 3 by American composer David Maslanka (1943-2017), a chamber work inspired by Bach.
A unique musical ensemble on the Canadian landscape, Pentaedre explores a diverse and original chamber music repertoire. Founded in 1985 by five artists-musicians, the quintet is recognized for the talent, technique, precision, and colour they bring to their performances. Pentaedre has toured extensively across Canada, and also in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East.
Pentaedre's ten recordings include a chamber version of Schubert's Winterreise by Normand Forget, which won a 2008 Opus Prize, and an arrangement of Stravinsky's Rite of Spring and Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition, nominated at the 2014 ADISQ gala.
No albums found.
No biography found.