Genius Of Modern Music (Vol. 1 Remastered) Thelonious Monk
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Round Midnight (Remastered 2013)03:09
- 2Off Minor (Remastered 2013)02:58
- 3Ruby My Dear (Remastered 2013)03:05
- 4I Mean You (Remastered 2013)02:44
- 5April In Paris (Remastered 2013)03:18
- 6In Walked Bud (Remastered 2013)02:54
- 7Thelonious (Remastered 2013)02:58
- 8Epistrophy (Remastered 2013)03:05
- 9Misterioso (Remastered 2013)03:24
- 10Well You Needn't (Remastered 2013)02:55
- 11Introspection (Remastered 2013)03:10
- 12Humph (Remastered 2013)02:50
Info for Genius Of Modern Music (Vol. 1 Remastered)
Genius of Modern Music: Volume 1 is the name given to at least four different compilation albums by jazz pianist Thelonious Monk. Each version comprises some of Monk's first recordings as band leader for Blue Note, recorded in 1947 (and sometimes 1948). The original 10-inch LP with this title was compiled in 1951.
The 1947 sessions are incredibly important to the world of jazz and the celebrated pianist's career. Many of the songs would go on to become standards despite their difficulty and angularity. The looping head of "Off Minor," or the post bop Bud Powell tribute "In Walked Bud." "Well You Needn't" bounces along seemingly unaware of the melancholy piano of Monk. And the whole things kicks of with "Round Midnight," a song that has become one of the most recorded in the history of jazz. Genius Of Modern Music Volume One features Monk in top form, a must for any jazz collection.
Thelonious Monk, piano
George Taitt, trumpet
Sahib Shihab, alto saxophone
Robert Paige, bass
Art Blakey, drums
Milt Jackson, vibraphone
John Simmons, bass
Shadow Wilson, drums
Idresse Sullivan, trumpet
Danny Quebec West, alto saxophone
Billy Smith, tenor saxophone
Gene Ramey, bass
No biography found.