Sommernachtskonzert 2020 - Summer Night Concert 2020 Wiener Philharmoniker, Jonas Kaufmann & Valery Gergiev
Label: Sony Classical
Composer: Richard Strauss (1864–1949), Richard Wagner (1813-1883), Jacques Offenbach (1819-1880), Jules Massenet (1842-1912), Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy (1809-1847), Emmerich Kálmáns (1882–1953), Maurice Jarre, Aram Khachaturian (1903-1978), Giacomo Puccini (1858-1924)
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Richard Strauss (1864 - 1949):
- 1Der Rosenkavalier Suite, TrV 227d09:06
- Richard Wagner (1813 - 1883): Tristan und Isolde:
- 2Tristan und Isolde: Love Music (excerpt)10:21
- Jacques Offenbach (1819 - 1880): Les Contes d'Hoffmann:
- 3Les Contes d'Hoffmann: Barcarolle04:59
- Jules Massenet (1842 - 1912): Werther:
- 4Werther: Pourquoi me réveiller?03:10
- Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy (1809 - 1847): Ein Sommernachtstraum, Op. 61/4:
- 5Ein Sommernachtstraum, Op. 61/4: Scherzo04:42
- Emmerich Kálmán (1882 - 1953): Gräfin Mariza:
- 6Gräfin Mariza: Wenn es Abend wird (Grüß mir mein Wien)05:50
- Maurice Jarre (1924 - 2009):
- 7Doctor Zhivago Suite10:26
- Aram Khachaturian (1903 - 1978): Spartacus:
- 8Spartacus: Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia09:03
- Giacomo Puccini (1858 - 1924): Turandot, Act III:
- 9Turandot, Act III: Nessun Dorma03:26
- Rudolf Sieczynski (1879 - 1952):
- 10Wien, Du stadt meiner Träume (Wien, Wien, nur du allein)06:39
- Johann Strauss, Jr. (1825 - 1899):
- 11Wiener Blut, Walzer, Op. 35409:23
Info for Sommernachtskonzert 2020 - Summer Night Concert 2020
Sony Classical is proud to announce the release of this year’s Summer Night Concert 2020 with the Vienna Philharmonic, conducted by Valery Gergiev with tenor Jonas Kaufmann as soloist. The baroque park of Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna, Austria, is the magical setting for the concert, adding great visual charm to the Summer Night Concert's superb musical quality. This event represents classical music at its finest. Millions of viewers and listeners in more than 80 countries can follow the concert online, on TV and radio.
Compositions by Richard Strauss, Richard Wagner, Jacques Offenbach, Jules Massenet, Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Emmerich Kálmán, Maurice Jarre, Aram Khachaturian, and Giacomo Puccini.
Jonas Kaufmann, tenor
Valery Gergiev, conductor
made his Royal Opera debut in 2004 as Ruggero (La rondine) and has since sung Don José (Carmen), Alfredo (La traviata), Cavaradossi (Tosca), Don Carlo, Maurizio (Adriana Lecouvreur), Chevalier des Grieux (Manon Lescaut), Andrea Chénier, Otello and Don Alvaro (La forza del destino) and a main-stage recital of Winterreise. In the 2019/20 Season he sings Florestan (Fidelio).
Kaufmann was born in Munich and trained at the Munich Academy of Music and Theatre. He began his career in Saarbrücken and Stuttgart and later became a member of Zürich Opera. Since his debut with the Metropolitan Opera, New York, in 2006, he has sung for such companies as La Scala, Milan, Paris Opéra, Vienna State Opera and Bavarian State Opera, in an exceptionally wide repertory including Verdi, Wagner, Strauss, Puccini and verismo. His recordings include performances of Cavalleria rusticana/Pagliacci, Don Carlo, La forza del destino, Aida, Manon Lescaut, Tosca, La fanciulla del West, Adriana Lecouvreur, Werther, Carmen, Fidelio, Lohengrin, Die Walküre, Parsifal, Königskinder and Ariadne auf Naxos. His solo albums are bestsellers, with Du bist die Welt für mich, featuring popular tunes by Franz Lehár, Imre Kálmán, Robert Stolz, Richard Tauber and others, entering the pop charts.
Kaufmann has been named Singer of the Year by Opernwelt, Diapason, Musical Americ and at the Echo-Klassik Awards and the inaugural International Opera Awards. He was made an Officier dans l’ordre des Arts et des Lettres in 2018. He is acclaimed internationally for his recitals with pianist Helmut Deutsch, performing songs by Schumann, Schubert, Wagner, Mahler, Strauss, Liszt, Duparc and Britten, among others. His concert performances include the 2015 Last Night of the Proms and ‘Italian Night’ at the Waldbühne Berlin in 2018.