Live at Hollywood Theater Alan Howarth
- 1TV Message: Main Title (They Live: Halloween III) (Live)02:51
- 2Chariots of Pumpkins (Halloween III) (Live)03:28
- 3Main Title (Escape from New York) (Live)03:21
- 4Christine Attacks (Christine) (Live)02:59
- 5Haddonflied Streets (Halloween II) (Live)04:05
- 6Airport Abduction (Big Trouble in Little China) (Live)02:18
- 7Wing Kong White Tiger (Big Trouble in Little China) (Live)03:06
- 8Team Assembly (Prince of Darkness) (Live)02:55
- 9Coming to La (They Live) (Live)02:02
- 10The Thing (The Thing) (Live)02:05
- 11The Return (Halloween 4) (Live)02:04
- 12Halloween Suite (Live)04:43
- 13The Lost Empire (The Lost Empire) (Live)01:59
- 14Assault on Precinct 13 (Assault on Precinct 13) (Live)01:10
- 15Retribution (Retribution) (Live)01:44
- 16Bank Robbery (Escape from New York) (Live)04:33
Info for Live at Hollywood Theater
In October 2014, Wyrd War invited legendary soundtrack composer, sound designer, and pioneering synth maestro Alan Howarth to the Hollywood Theatre to perform a selection of his work spanning more than three decades in the film industry. "Alan Howarth Live at Hollywood Theatre" is a spirited homage to Howarth’s collaborations with John Carpenter on such masterpieces as ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK, BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, THEY LIVE, and more. This limited-edition vinyl release includes a beautiful 6-panel insert with full color vintage photos from Alan Howarth’s personal archives and a sprawling career-spanning interview conducted by label boss Dennis Dread.
Howarth had taken his music on the road for the first time in 2008, when he was invited to participate in a Q&A session at the HALLOWEEN “30 Years of Terror” convention, held at the Pasadena Convention Center. Rather than talking about the music, Howarth played it live, using the Logic digital audio workstation software application on his laptop along with a MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) keyboard. The event was a success and as a result Howarth wound up developing a full concert of his music for a show in Kraków, Poland in 2010. He met an Australian video artist named Jade Boyd, and she created unique video artistry based on the films which was projected during subsequent concerts. Since then, he’s had sold-out shows at such venues as the 2011 Unsound Festival in New York City and Synthplex in Burbank, California, and returned to Europe for concerts in Geneva, St. Petersburg, Toronto, London, and Paris.
Alan Howarth, in addition to being a composer, is an accomplished sound designer and editor, having worked on films such as STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, POLTERGEIST, TOTAL RECALL, ARMY OF DARKNESS, BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA, STARGATE and many others. He has been a frequent music collaborator with John Carpenter on his films beginning with ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK in 1980 and including HALLOWEEN II & III, CHRISTINE, BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, THEY LIVE and PRINCE OF DARKNESS and Alan has scored many films on his own, including RETRIBUTION, HALLOWEEN 4 & 5, THE DENTIST, HEADLESS, BOO!, EVILUTION, BASEMENT JACK and most recently, HOUSE AT THE END OF THE DRIVE, BRUTAL and PROMISE.
ALAN HOWARTH LIVE AT HOLLYWOOD THEATER, featuring music composed and performed by Alan Howarth, recorded live at the Hollywood Theater on October 1st, 2014, edited and mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland, with notes by author Randall Larson.
No biography found.
This album contains no booklet.