Hit (Remastered) Peter Gabriel
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Solsbury Hill (Remastered)04:21
- 2Shock The Monkey (Remastered)03:57
- 3Sledgehammer (Remastered)04:55
- 4Don't Give Up (Remastered)05:55
- 5Games Without Frontiers (Remastered)04:03
- 6Big Time (Remastered)04:25
- 7Burn You Up, Burn You Down05:26
- 8Growing Up (Tom Lord-Alge Remix)04:48
- 9Digging In The Dirt (Remastered)05:18
- 10Blood Of Eden (Radio Edit / Remastered)05:05
- 11More Than This (Radio Edit)04:30
- 12Biko (Remastered)07:00
- 13Steam (Remastered)06:02
- 14Red Rain (Remastered)05:35
- 15Here Comes The Flood (Remastered)04:32
- 16San Jacinto (Remastered)06:34
- 17No Self Control (Remastered)03:54
- 18Cloudless (Remastered)04:46
- 19The Rhythm Of The Heat (Remastered)05:18
- 20I Have The Touch (Robbie Robertson Mix / Remastered)04:17
- 21I Grieve07:24
- 22D.I.Y. (Remastered)02:38
- 23A Different Drum (Remastered)04:40
- 24The Drop02:59
- 25The Tower That Ate People (Steve Osborne Mix)04:04
- 26Lovetown (Remastered)05:21
- 27Father, Son04:55
- 28Signal To Noise07:36
- 29Downside Up (Live)05:29
- 30Washing Of The Water (Remastered)03:51
Info for Hit (Remastered)
Thirteen years on from 1990’s Shaking The Tree compilation, Hit offers a much more voluminous overview of the Gabriel back catalogue.
The 30 track double album is an extensive and eclectic collection of Peter’s best known songs, together with, at the time, more recent tracks, previously unreleased material and new remixes, – a musical autobiography of a solo career which had spawned 14 albums over 25 years.
Tracks from the first four Peter Gabriel albums sit alongside key songs from his latter solo albums: So, US and UP. Songs from the Grammy/Oscar nominated soundtracks Passion and Rabbit Proof Fence also feature, as well as Lovetown from the hugely successful multi-artist soundtrack to Philadelphia.
Hit also includes the previously unreleased track Burn You Up, Burn You Down co-written by Gabriel and Karl Wallinger. The track was originally to be included in the UP album but was cut from the final track listing of that album at the last minute. It finally saw the light of day on this album and was also released as a single to support the release of Hit.
The Robbie Robertson/Peter Gabriel mix of I Have The Touch and Steve Osborne’s radio mix of The Tower That Ate People appear along with a new live version of Downside Up recorded during the Growing Up Tour and a previously unreleased edit of the haunting Blood of Eden.
Peter Gabriel, vocals, flute, recorder, Bosendorfer piano, keyboards
Kate Bush, vocals
Sinead O'Connor, vocals
Richard Evans, acoustic guitar
Robert Fripp, electric & classical guitar, banjo
David Rhodes, guitar, 12-string guitar
Peter Green, electric guitar
Steve Hunter, pedal steel guitar
Daniel Lanois, guitar
Tim Green, tenor saxophone
Dick Morrisey, saxophone
Wayne Jackson, trumpet
Jozef Chirowski, keyboards
Brian Eno, keyboards
Larry Fast, synthesizer, programming
Tony Levin, bass
Dominic Greesmith, drums
Jerry Marotta, drums
Ged Lynch, percussion
Will White, percussion
Stephen Hague, percussion
Phil Collins, percussion
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, background vocals
has earned a worldwide reputation for his innovative work as a musician, writer and video maker. When at school he co-founded the group Genesis, which he left in 1975. His albums, live performance and videos since then have won him a succession of awards. Gabriel has released eleven solo albums and in 1986, his album 'So' won him his first Grammy. The videos from this project confirmed him as a leader in video production and included 'Sledgehammer', which has won the most music video awards ever, including number one position in 'Rolling Stones' top 100 videos of all time and the MTV most played video of all time.
This album contains no booklet.