Live At The Paramount (Remastered) Nirvana
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam (Live At The Paramount/1991)03:29
- 2Aneurysm (Live At The Paramount/1991)04:50
- 3Drain You (Live At The Paramount/1991)03:47
- 4School (Live At The Paramount/1991)02:52
- 5Floyd The Barber (Live At The Paramount/1991)02:27
- 6Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live At The Paramount/1991)04:45
- 7About A Girl (Live At The Paramount/1991)03:14
- 8Polly (Live At The Paramount/1991)03:04
- 9Breed (Live At The Paramount/1991)03:11
- 10Sliver (Live At The Paramount/1991)02:11
- 11Love Buzz (Live At The Paramount/1991)03:34
- 12Lithium (Live At The Paramount/1991)04:39
- 13Been A Son (Live At The Paramount/1991)02:16
- 14Negative Creep (Live At The Paramount/1991)02:44
- 15On A Plain (Live At The Paramount/1991)03:04
- 16Blew (Live At The Paramount/1991)04:09
- 17Rape Me (Live At The Paramount/1991)03:00
- 18Territorial Pissings (Live At The Paramount/1991)02:56
- 19Endless, Nameless (Live At The Paramount/1991)06:23
Info for Live At The Paramount (Remastered)
Live at the Paramount is a live performance by the grunge band Nirvana released in 2011. It was released on HighResAudio as part of the 20th anniversary of Nirvana's Nevermind album. It showcases the band at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle from October 31, 1991.
The band was newly flush with fame, having just released their groundbreaking Nevermind one month prior, and was reeling from their newfound fame with cameras all around to capture it all.
From the Vaselines cover ‘Jesus Doesn’t Want Me for a Sunbeam’, which they would later reprise on Nirvana’s MTV Unplugged, to the jangly ‘About A Girl’ and their seminal hit ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’, it’s a setlist that dreams are made of, and put Kurt’s jagged and seering voice front and centre. The conclusion to the 19-song set includes ‘Rape Me’, a song that wouldn’t appear on a studio release until 1993’s In Utero.
One can hear the crowd moshing along like it’s just another lost Halloween night out, unknowingly witnessing music history. For anyone who wasn’t around during the band’s peak, this release offers the closest replication to an in-concert experience.
Kurt Cobain, vocals, guitar
Krist Novoselic, bass
Dave Grohl, drums, backing vocals
Nirvana was an American rock band that was formed by singer/guitarist Kurt Cobain and bassist Krist Novoselic in Aberdeen, Washington. Nirvana went through a succession of drummers, the longest-lasting being Dave Grohl, who joined the band in 1990.
With the lead single "Smells Like Teen Spirit" from the group's second album Nevermind (1991), Nirvana entered into the mainstream, bringing along with it a subgenre of alternative rock called grunge. Other Seattle grunge bands such as Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden also gained popularity, and, as a result, alternative rock became a dominant genre on radio and music television in the United States during the early-to-middle 1990s. As Nirvana's frontman, Kurt Cobain found himself referred to in the media as the "spokesman of a generation", with Nirvana the "flagship band" of "Generation X". Cobain was uncomfortable with the attention and placed his focus on the band's music, challenging the band's audience with its third studio album In Utero (1993).
Nirvana's brief run ended with Cobain's death in April 1994, but the band's popularity continued in the years that followed. More than eight years later, "You Know You're Right", an unfinished demo from the band's final recording session, topped radio playlists around the world. Since their debut, the band has sold over fifty million albums worldwide. Nirvana are often credited with being one of the most popular and important rock bands of recent years.
This album contains no booklet.