Nibbles Norsk Tromboneensemble
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Georg Philipp Telemann (1681 - 1767): Sonata à 4:
- 1Sonata à 4: I. Adagio02:34
- 2Sonata à 4: II. Allegro01:33
- 3Sonata à 4: III. Grave02:13
- 4Sonata à 4: IV. Allegro01:27
- Burt Bacharach (b. 1928):
- 5Alfie (Arr. Petter Winroth)02:56
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918): Trois Chansons:
- 6Trois Chansons: I. Dieu! qu'il la fait bon regarder! (Arr. Michael Levin)02:21
- 7Trois Chansons: II. Quand j'ay ouy le tabourin (Arr. Michael Levin)01:51
- 8Trois Chansons: III. Yver, vous n'estes qu'un vilain (Arr. Michael Levin)01:44
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827): Drei Equali:
- 9Drei Equali: I. Andante02:10
- 10Drei Equali: II. Poco adagio01:39
- 11Drei Equali: III. Poco sostenuto00:59
- George Gershwin (1898 - 1937):
- 12Fascinatin’ Rhythm (Arr. Øivind Westby)02:34
- Giovanni Gabrieli (1557 - 1612):
- Antonio Carlos Jobim (1927 - 1994):
- 14No More Blues (Arr. Kim Scharnberg)03:52
- Samuel Scheidt (1587 - 1654):
- 16Emigrantvisa (Arr. Petter Winroth)05:00
- Anton Bruckner (1824 - 1896):
- 17Locus iste03:06
- Benny Andersson (b. 1946):
- 18Money, Money, Money (Arr. Petter Winroth)03:14
- Tommy Pederson (1920 - 1998):
- 19The Nibbler00:45
Info for Nibbles
The Norwegian Trombone Ensemble was formed in 2014 and consists of Audun Breen, Principal Trombone of the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and Sverre Riise, Petter Winroth, and Clare Farr, the trombone section of the Norwegian Radio Orchestra. The four performers have extensive experience as soloists and chamber musicians. They are some of Norway's most outstanding trombonists and master most genres, from renaissance and baroque to contemporary, jazz and pop. "In our concerts we attempt to move effortlessly through many different musical styles, performing chamber music for trombones with excellence and a twinkle in the eye. We are aiming to convey the same lighthearted character with this recording and have put together a handful of pieces that we believe display all the fine and varied qualities of the trombone. The pieces cater for all tastes and span over 400 years, from Gabrieli and Beethoven to Bacharach and ABBA. Sit down with your favourite nibbles, relax and enjoy the concert!"
Norwegian Trombone Ensemble:
Sverre Riise, trombone
Petter Winroth, trombone
Audun Breen, trombone
Clare Farr, bass trombone
Norwegian Trombone Ensemble
was formed in 2014 and consists of Audun Breen, Principal Trombone of the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and Sverre Riise, Petter Winroth, and Clare Farr, the trombone section of the Norwegian Radio Orchestra. The four performers have extensive experience as soloists and chamber musicians. They are some of Norway’s most outstanding trombonists and master most genres, from renaissance and baroque to contemporary, jazz and pop.
is Principal Trombone of the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra and previously worked as Co-Principal of the Gothenburg and Kristiansand Symphony Orchestras. He studied at the Norwegian Academy of Music and the Guildhall School of Music & Drama. Audun was a participant at the London Symphony Brass Academy in 2012 and was awarded second prize in the Lieksa Brass Week trombone competition in 2015. He has also been the recipient of scholarships from the Dobloug Foundation and from Statkraft.
studied with Professor Ingemar Roos at the Norwegian Academy of Music and graduated in 1996 with the highest honours. His previous jobs include Principal Trombone of the Norwegian Opera Orchestra and Co-Principal of the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. Sverre is currently Principal Trombone of the Norwegian Radio Orchestra. He has performed as a soloist with the Norwegian Radio Orchestra, Oslo Sinfonietta and Ensemble Ernst on several occasions and released his solo album “Snarks in the Kitchen” in 2015. Sverre is Associate Professor of Trombone at the Norwegian Academy of Music.
studied with Professor Ingemar Roos at the Gothenburg Music Academy and graduated in 2004. He won the position of Co-Principal Trombone of the Norwegian Radio Orchestra the same year. Since then he has worked almost continuously in the orchestra with only two interruptions, as Principal Trombone of the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra and the Danish Radio Symphony Orchestra. Petter is also an exceptional arranger and writes regularly for ensembles and orchestras of all sizes.
has been Principal Bass Trombone of the Norwegian Radio Orchestra since 2013. After bachelor studies in Stavanger and Manchester, she graduated with a master’s degree from the Norwegian Academy of Music in 2001. In her subsequent years as a freelance musician she held long-term positions with the Oslo Philharmonic and Norrköping Symphony Orchestras, and regularly worked with many Norwegian and European orchestras and ensembles. Clare is active as a conductor, teacher and adjudicator in the Norwegian brass and wind band community and teaches at the Barratt Due Music Academy.
This album contains no booklet.